Make a difference right here in our community - VOLUNTEER!
Anyone can champion the cause. Whether you're speaking out to improve education, income and health, reaching out to members of Congress, or wearing the LIVE UNITED shirt to show your support, you can help inspire hope and create opportunities for a better tomorrow. So, go ahead and advocate in a LIVE UNITED world. Do it in public. Be visible. Be loud.
United Way of Kenosha County is proud to host Get Connected, an online volunteer platform that makes it easier than ever to find out about local volunteer opportunities. With approximately 70 local organizations using Get Connected, you will be able to find a volunteer opportunity that is perfect for you!
Volunteerism is a major focus for United Way of Kenosha County. In 2017, nearly 2000 people volunteered for an event or program. We are very proud of this number and very grateful for those that give their time to make Kenosha County an amazing community.
Year Round Volunteer Opportunities
We all have special talents and things we can do to help. Whether it's reading to children, leading financial literacy classes for hard-working families, or delivering meals to home-bound seniors, numerous volunteer opportunities are available every day. Hundreds of volunteers work with United Way each year, ranging from investment committees to fundraising assistance.
- Community Impact Committee - This committee is tasked with providing funding to local programs on a annual basis. To learn more about how you can become a volunteer, contact Laurie McDonald at 262-658-4104 or email email@example.com.
- Readers Are Leaders Tutoring Program - Tutors will work one-on-one with a first through third grade student during the school day to supplement the work they are doing in the classroom. For more information, visit our Readers Are Leaders Tutoring Program page.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program - Volunteers can assist a few hours per month to prepare taxes, language interpretation, financial education, intake, and client registration. Visit our VITA page for more information.
Large-Scale Volunteer Opportunities
United Way of Kenosha County hosts several large-scale one day volunteer opportunities each year that you, your co-workers, friends and family can participate in. These opportunities are listed in our volunteer center a month in advance of the day of the event.
- Readers Are Leaders Event - Takes place in early March in celebration of the birthday of Dr. Seuss and Read Across America. Visit our Readers Are Leaders Event page to learn more about this event.
- Day of Action - Takes place in June and involves bringing community volunteers to Kenosha County schools to add both educational components and action stencils to promote physical activity. Created in partnership with Fuel Up to Play60, the stencils volunteers paint inspire kids to learn and move while creating games around the stencils.
- Day of Caring - Takes place in late September/early October and is one of the many ways we promote the spirit of volunteerism in our community. With more than 20 projects at partner agencies, you can enjoy a morning of giving your time and talent along with 500 of your newest friends!