Education is the cornerstone of individual and community success. Strong, productive communities are dependent upon skilled workforce that can compete in a global economy. It is critical to reach children early - even before they start school. Once a young person falls behind it can be very difficult to catch up.
Parents who have support from early on can build great futures for their children. United Way is working with schools, parents, and organizations to ensure that every child has a chance for success in school, work, and life by investing in programs that produce results. The business, non-profit, and public sectors must act now, and we must act together as an army for our children.
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters' One-to-One, Outcome Based Mentoring Program
- ELCA Outreach Center's Summer Camp Program
- Kenosha Achievement Center's HANEN Program
- Boys and Girl's Club's Youth Empowerment Program
- Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast's Girl Scout Leadership Experience
- Kenosha Literacy Council's Literacy for Lif eAdult Education Program